Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Valentine's Day DIY

love!

We have spent the past few days gearing up for Snowpocalypse here in St. Louis.
Our fridge and pantry are stocked and everyone has clean sheets, towels and clothes.
I made some healthy and delicious cookies and some yummy homemade granola.
I also went to Joann's to buy polyfill and a plate hanger-so I can finally finish my plate wall
AND
make a tooth fairy pillow if need be.
Yesterday cabin fever took hold over our place and I needed to come up with something to pass the time.
So the girls and I made some hearts.
I found some cardboard in our recycle bin (cereal boxes) and we went to work.

Step 1: trace a heart onto your cardboard

step 1

Step 2: draw squiggles and loops all over your heart

step 2

Step 3: pick some pretty paint colors and fill in all those little spots
you made with your squiggles

step 3

There was no pressure about staying in the lines.

my snow day buddies

my snow day buddies

Aren't they pretty?

snow day project

If you make these at your house, let me know, I would love to see them!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY!! I am totally going to do this with the girls! I just got on the computer to get inspired for valentine's day - perfect timing! Thanks, Diane.

Maegan said...

Awesome job at getting so much accomplished! It feels so great when that happens! And thanks for the heart DIY; we made them yesterday. I'll try to get you a picture.

Unknown said...

So we did this craft, and I blogged about it. Here's the link:
http://wimberlys.blogspot.com/2011/02/valentines-day-fun.html

Thanks for the inspiration!

Bailey Butler said...

Nicce blog post