I want to show you how far we have come on part of our house(this is also for Jeremy and I to remember how far we have come on our DIY fixer-upper). This was our kitchen the weekend in we closed on our house when we went to work tearing out everything. Scary, I know. We put in sheet rock, cabinets and counters by ourselves, and with the help of family and friends. This is our kitchen today,
So we have come along way. All this to say we got really frustrated with our house last night, more specifically the bathroom, our only bathroom. Our toilet was leaking, we have had many leaks in this bathroom that the previous owners had "remodeled," which by the way they must use that term VERY loosely. Two Christmases ago, on Christmas Eve, the floor had to be completely ripped out b/c of a leak in the shower. So we did not have a functioning bathroom and had to borrow our friends. This past weekend we noticed the toilet was leaking. Jeremy, set out to fix it last night and discovered not only would he have to replace the wax seal, but also the wood "floor" that was put in the Christmas we had the leak. So, he headed off the HomeDepot and Lowe's for wood, which were both closed. In the process of trying to not completely freak out at the fact that we might not have a functioning bathroom, with a potty-trained toddler, Jeremy was able to locate some wood from our kind friends Joe and Daniel, Who also came over at 8:30 pm to help Jeremy. We are so grateful they gave up there evenings to work on this. That bathroom was finally functioning at around 1:30 am. Poor Daniel, had to use our tiny little emergency light to see what he was cutting with the saw. And yes, in case you are wondering, this is the bathroom were Stella was born on the floor. I know, it looks like a real sterile environment doesn't it(it looks much worse in real life). One daywe will completely rip this baby out. But, we must first put in a completely new bathroom before we can rip this one out. Oh, we look forward to that day.