Wednesday, June 1, 2011

all is right with the world


The kids and I spent six days and five nights on our own, while Jeremy went on a road trip a conference in Waco.  This was my first time to be on my own with the kids for longer than two nights.  I feel a little silly saying that because I know there are so many moms out there who have to go for longer periods of time with their husbands gone. It's hard work! Especially in the evening when the kids are in bed and it's just you at home...it's pretty lonely.  

To pass the time while Jeremy was gone, we played at Tower Grove Park, one of my most favorite parks in St. Louis. I love that the kids go to school nearby.  





We also watched a lot of movies, went to the library on Sunday afternoon-only to find out it was closed for Memorial day-Mom fail right there, I should have known better.  So, then we went to Starbucks for cake balls, coffee and chocolate milk, where I learned that Lincoln knows how to drink out of a straw and can manage eating a cake ball on stick all by himself just as well as his sisters.  

By Sunday afternoon I was feeling pretty good about how things were going while Jeremy was gone.

Then the A/C broke Sunday Evening. 

The time after that is a blur of hot depressing time spent in the apartment.  Our maintenance guy brought us a portable A/C unit for the kids room, and lots of fans to help us endure the heat.   But by Monday, I was exhausted and hot and sticky, the thought of going somewhere on Memorial day with all the kids by myself felt harder than sitting in a hot apartment. So we stuck it out, watched movies and cooled off in the kids room when the heat was too much to bear in the living room.  

Tuesday came and in the afternoon the A/C was fixed, then a few hours later, Jeremy came home. And all was right again. We are so happy to have Jeremy back and of course our have our A/C working!

No comments: