Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mother's Day

First of all I have to share that today Jeremy and I are celebrating 10 years being married!  One week after I graduated from Baylor, Jeremy and I tied the knot. Then we headed off to Jackson Hole and Yellowstone for our honeymoon.

We will go out and celebrate our anniversary next week and I am so looking forward to a date night with Jeremy!  Then in a few months, we will head off on a weekend adventure, just the two of us to continue on with the celebrating-I can't wait.

I want to catch up and share how we celebrated Mother's Day.  It was so much fun and my family spoiled me with homemade cards and gifts. The girls made some beautiful jewelry for me at their school in art class. Stella, made a scarf/necklace and Emma made a bracelet. I immediately put the jewelry on and then we headed out for our brunch.

mama's day

mama's day

We decided to keep things low key on Sunday, Stella was finally better in time for Mother's Day-yay!

But, we were all still recovering from finals and her illness, so the only thing on our agenda for all of Mother's Day was brunch.  And for that we went to Geleteria Del Leone.  And, as the name implies, they sell geleto that they make in the garage in the back. We didn't sample it because it was a little too early for gelato. One of these days we will pick the girls up from school and come try the gelato for an after school treat.

mama's day

DSC_0762

DSC_0760

Close up of the light fixtures.

mama's day

mama's day

mama's day

DSC_0753

mama's day

A little peek at the jewelry from the girls.

mama's day

We met the sweetest woman and her cute dog, Oliver. Lincoln was smitten with the dog and we found out our new friend is a harpest for the St. Louis Symphony.  Which reminds me, I need to email her.

mama's day

We tried to get a photo of all of us smiling and looking at the camera, but I think they were all a little worn out by the time we got home.

So we spent rest of our afternoon outside lounging on a quilt under the shade of a tree.  A lazy Sunday afternoon.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Elise said...

Happy Anniversary!! Congrats on 10years-my honey and I will be celebrating our tenth this year, also!!
Love your Mother's Day gifties...
Elise

Danielle said...

oooh, the gelato place looks simply marvelous! I love reading your updates!