Friday, April 29, 2011

White Dress and The Civil Wars


The Civil Wars

I am not very good at relaxing...the conditions have to be just right for me to just...sit.  I really wish is wasn't such a challenge for me. My "down" time is usually spent making lists, sorting papers, updating my calendar, flipping through magazines or staring at my surroundings thinking about what I could do to change them-don't I sound like someone you want to hang out with?

White Dress

Jeremy and I had tickets to the White Dress and Civil Wars concert last Saturday. It was not the most practical weekend for a concert between Easter activities and school assignments.  And for some ridiculous reason, during crazy schedules my typical way of relaxing sounds more appealing than tidying up for a sitter, getting the kids ready for the sitter and getting myself ready to go out.  Sad, but true.  Thankfully, I am married to someone who chooses fun over misery.  The venue was great, we were on a date, we were with friends and I have made a mental note to do all of that more often.   And hello!  We were in the presence of extraordinarily gifted musicians that performed songs in a way that came in and spoke to my soul with beauty and charm and creativity.

The Civil Wars

So here's to relaxing, and to great music, and to remembering that concerts with friends are better than sorting papers...and updating calendars...and culling magazines...and rearranging...and...and...and...

5 comments:

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

I always enjoy your posts...especially this one...it sounds like me!!

I think that we may have chatted while our kids played once upon a time on the playground after Kid's Kastle. I found your blog through Lesley's. :)

Unknown said...

Love, love, love The Civil Wars. Glad y'all had fun and got a chance to relax!

Lee Ann said...

I love hanging out with you. And sorting papers, making lists, and talking about new ways to organize w/you! Miss you friend.

Kimber-Leigh said...

sounds like a fun evening out :) it's good to remember those are necessary every once in a while!