Monday, August 9, 2010

Kid Made Modern Project

We made our first project from Todd Oldham's Kid Made Modern.

DSC_0824

The girls chose the duct tape satchels.  They picked out the colors, I cut the strips of tape and then they applied them to the priority mail envelopes.

DSC_0760

I had some extra priority mail envelopes, so I made a sample one before we made theirs.  I think the project would have taken a lot longer if I hadn't gone through the process before hand.  Plus, seeing a finished product got the girls even more excited about making their own.  I ended up cutting their envelopes down even smaller than what the instructions suggested.  Can you see the size difference between the sample satchel and their satchels?

DSC_0762

 They brought their satchels with them to the coffee shop the other day. They got to sit at their own table too.  Their own satchel and their own table.  I think it made them feel very grown up.

3 comments:

kristine said...

cute!

Holly said...

So great! Im going to try this with Walker.

diane said...

Holly, this would be a great project to do with him. I would love to see photos of it!