Tuesday, September 25, 2007

re-creating

It has been a while since I have done a re-creating post; finding a new use for an object the would otherwise be headed for the trash. All three of these lampshades were headed in that direction until Jeremy and my parents intercepted them for me. Thanks J and Mom and Dad!

They are currently hanging in one of my favorite rooms in our home, the girls room. I will have to share more photos of their space in the future. Our ceilings are 10ft. tall, so there was a lot of extra space above their book shelves. I needed something for that space and the lampshade frames turned out to be the perfect solution. They hang from strips of fabric tied to hooks in the ceiling. The end of the fabric is tied in a knot through the wire frame, and then a second piece of fabric was tied in a bow around each knot.

Do you have some fun re-creating ideas? I would love for you to share them with me....

7 comments:

sarahross said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Holly Mathis Interiors said...

very cute..i love how you did the fabric/ribbon..cant wait to see more!

Jennifer Davis said...

Love stuff like this, thanks for sharing!

sarahross said...

This is off the subject, but I just had to tell you...my mom & I were at a fabric shop here in town and picked out a cute fabric for a project. I didn't even notice until I got home that it was an Amy Butler design! Thanks for sharing her page with me.

Anonymous said...

I love love love this idea!

(and your blog!)

Jen Kershner said...

I love these. I've been looking for a interesting looking shade frame to make a new light for over my dining room table.

Kim -today's creative blog said...

that is a very unique and fabulous idea!
Love your new canvas over your mantle too.