Tuesday, July 24, 2007

good music, our porch and some gifts

First, yesterday, in attempt to find some kids music that both my daughter and I would enjoy listening too, I found a great podcast. We have a great cd from the The Land of Nod. As I was searching on Itunes I found four free podcasts by the Land of Nod. The first three are by some musicians and the fourth is by an author. You should check it out.

Next, some pictures of our front porch...


Taken in order to make this gift for our friend, Thomas, who is moving to Ft. Worth, next week, to teach at a classical Christian school and attend seminary. We have known him since he was a freshman a Baylor and our family will miss him. The past few years he has lived a couple of blocks down the street from us and brewed his own beer on his front porch. We thought we would make him a sign as a going away present.

We used an 8x8 album piece and attached the photo with spray adhesive. He can hang the sign through the holes at the top.

Oh, the quote is perfect for this it says, "Mother's in the kitchen washing out the jugs. Sister's in the pantry bottling the suds. Father's in the cellar mixin' up the hops. Johnny's on the front porch watchin' for the cops." -Prohibition song

And another gift for a dear friend who had a baby shower this past weekend. I made her a nursing blanket, but I forgot to take a picture of it...oops. I also made a little booklet out of the 3x5 album for her to put notes, advice and other things the women wrote down on note cards at the shower.
That's all for now...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

those are great diane. i love what you made for thomas. you are really talented. i love the picture of your porch. thanks for pointing me to that photo blog a while back. i love it. hope all is well.

the 10th kid said...

Diane, There is a store in Belton you must see. Each time I've been in there, I think, "I should bring Diane here." I was there yesterday, so I thought I'd mention it again. It's called Marta's Room, and it's right off 190 as you head toward Killeen. It's an antiques store, and she has set up little motif rooms throughout so you can see how things look grouped together. I am impressed each time I go in. She's got furniture, wall-hangings, dishes, etc. If you want to go some time let me know.

Anonymous said...

I too enjoy what you are doing. Awesome!