Monday, May 7, 2012

sewn

the handiest little pincushion

I finished sewing the handiest little pincushion. The pattern comes from Anna Maria Horner's Seams to Me book. If you decide to tackle this project make sure you read the corrections for the project on her website.  I had to make some adjustments, meaning I had to exercise the math part of my brain (scary) figuring out circumference and I even used Pi. What's really weird is that I enjoyed it, most likely because there were some really cute results at the end of all that math.  


sewing machine cover

And another project completed. The only math needed for the sewing machine cover was measuring-easier math and more cute results!  This was a Home Ec. class project. There's my handy little pincushion in the background.  Both of these projects were well worth the effort, the process was just as enjoyable as the finished results.  You can sign up for the Sewing class here.  And find Seams to Me here.

A quick note:  I am an Amazon Associate.  The links to books in my posts will take you to Amazon and where you can purchase them. We receive a small percent for each purchase made from my links and that small percent is a huge help to our family while Jeremy is in school! Thanks for your support!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been meaning to take the Home Ec course for ages now. This is good encouragement to do so! Your sewing machine cover is lovely. Yet another thing to add to my sewing 'to do' list.

j. reeves said...

Math is cute!

Kimber-Leigh said...

oh, i love your projects. especially the sewing machine cover :) if i had a place to keep mine out all the time, i would definitely tackle that project--it's adorable!