Tuesday, December 1, 2009

crafting

Amidst, the nursing,burping and diaper changing I have managed to get in a little crafting. It is has been a long time since I have made so many things...the long break could explain why I am so behind on wedding, baby and birthday gifts.

I ordered a kit to make these lovelies. I saw pumpkins like these last year, already made. It was so fun putting these together and a lot easier than I thought.

pretty pumpkins

This is a super easy craft to do with your kids. All you need is a roll of toilet paper, a brown paper bag, a strip of green fabric and a 20" sqaure of fabric.

Here are some instructions.

crafting with the girls-toilet paper pumpkin


And there has been lots of crafting for the Christmas tree. 

Our color scheme this year is turquoise, white, silver and red.

I found this tutorial to make this starburst, mine still needs to be glittered. It will be our tree topper this year. 

tree topper

And some red bird ornaments waiting to be glittered. 

tree decorations soon to be glittered

A couple of other tutorials I am using to make decorations can be found here:


paper ornaments (ours are white and I made them a little smaller)

2 comments:

Swartz's Scribbles said...

I'm glad you're back. Congrats on the new little one and I love the craft ideas! Blessings to you and your family this holiday season.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

So glad you're back to crafting and blogging about it. I always like to see what you're doing. And I love those velvet pumpkins. I so wanted a kit, but they were sold out before I could get one.