Saturday, April 5, 2008

ornament box

I finished Stella's ornament box this weekend...Yay! I still have Emma's to complete. Thankfully I had a (rare) moment of uninterrupted thought and had the brilliant idea of cutting 2 of everything. Now it is simply a matter of piecing Emma's together. I just had to share the finished box with you.

The box came from Hobby Lobby. It is about 13" diameter. I covered the box in Martha Stewart paper, wool felt, vintage ledger paper and rhinestones and tissue paper.

I wrapped up Stella's ornaments in bubble wrap (we have an abundant supply around here). Then I jotted down each ornament, the year she got it and who it came from on library cards and tucked them in a pink 3x5 acrylic album. One of these days, I will embellish the album. For now, I will enjoy the fact that the boxes will not be sitting in the corner of my dining room.

6 comments:

Kimber-Leigh said...

such a great idea diane!

Kim -today's creative blog said...

That turned out perfect!

Trish said...

I just found your blog-I love the box and look forward to visiting again!

Angie said...

What an inspiration - I love it!

Btw, I added you as a favorite on my blog. I have two little girls, too. Hope you don't mind...
:)

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous!! And what a wonderful idea, and a great tradition.

Anonymous said...

whatta great idea! i love it!! thanks for sharing. happy monday!